In this blog, I am going to discuss the steps to create your first FIORI analytical app using SAP Smart Business KPI Modeller.
Before going to start let’s understand what is FIORI Analytical App.
What is FIORI Analytical App?
Analytical apps are used to provide role-based real-time information about business operations. Analytical apps integrate the power of SAP HANA with SAP business suite. It provides real-time information from a large volume of data in the front-end web browsers.
Using Analytical apps, you can closely monitor Key Performance Indicators KPIs. You can perform complex aggregations and calculations of your business operations and react immediately as per the changes in the market condition.
SAP Fiori Analytical apps run on SAP HANA database and use Virtual data models.
There are two types of Analytical Apps −
- SMART Business
- Virtual Data Models
SAP Fiori smart business apps are used to monitor your most important KPIs in real-time and to make changes as per market conditions immediately.
Note − There are around 84 Analytical apps under this umbrella and out of these, you have 69 apps are smart business apps and rest 15 are Analytical Apps.
What is a KPI Modeler?
It is a tool used to model KPI and report tiles for monitoring the business data using Fiori Launchpad. You can define KPIs and reports to which you can apply different calculations and it enables you to make adjustments according to changing market conditions. You can configure drill-down views.
SAP HANA Live provides exceptional capability analytics for all business suite by enabling industry-standard access to SAP data through data models.
The data models are used for analytical purposes using views in the HANA database. The views from a virtual data model that a customer and partner can reuse.
Now, let’s see the steps to follow to create a new KPI Report for any of your business processes.
1. Open your Fiori Launchpad, you will see KPI Modeller Tiles
2. Click on the Create KPI Tile
3. You should enter Title, Description, Choose Goal Type from options Maximizing, Minimizing or Range
4. You should select SAP HANA View from the Value Help
5. Select the HANA View and then search for OData Service from OData Service Value help.
6. Now, select the respective OData Service and respective Entity Set.
7. Now, Search for Value Measure from Measure Value help.
8. Click on Activate and Add Evaluation
9. Once clicked on Activate and Add Evaluation, the Add Evaluation page opens up. On this page some of the fields are prefilled. This data is fetched from KPI.
10. Select a few Additional Measures
11. Now, Select optional Filters
12. Select Value Type
13. You can also Enter Target, Threshold, and Trend if required
14. Now, click on Activate and Configure Tile
15. Once you clicked on Add Tile, Add Tile page opens up, you can choose any tile type as per your requirement.
16. After clicking on Save and Configure Drill Down, the Drill-Down Configuration Details page will come up.
Now, you have to select an Evaluation and click on Configure Button.
17. Now, select Measures and Dimensions.
18. You can select the Visualization Type and Save View
19. Save the new Configuration
20. Now, you can go to Tile Catalog in Fiori Launchpad and search for the KPI Tile that was created and Add Tile to Group by Clicking on ‘+’ icon
That’s it!!! Your new KPI report will be available on your Fiori Launchpad.