This blog is for the detailed steps for Readiness Check (RC) for step t2 of conversion to S/4HANA 1809FPS0. Readiness Check is an optional step and is a high level analysis to get a Results Dashboard and also download to a Results Document with details of Active Business Functions, Add-On Compatibility, Custom Code Analysis, Recommended Fiori Apps, S/4HANA Sizing, Simplification Items, Business Process Analytics and Data Volume Management.
It is recommended to use Solution Manager, the diagram below is shown without SOLMAN to show the extra steps needed for running the check without Solution Manager.
STEP 1: De-implement any of the notes if they were implemented earlier. In case of ABAP class inconsistency, please clean up the class header in transaction SE24, specify the object and select Utilities -> Regenerate sections in the change mode.
If you face issues with above, please open OSS message. If you try to download latest version of note and apply, it may cause a bigger issue with a lot of time wasted later on.
STEP 2: Apply Note 2185390 – Custom Code Analyzer (includes manual steps)
This note downloads other dependent notes, and then some other dependent notes and this goes on. Number may vary depending on your patch level. The Note requires Manual steps as below:
As per Manual steps above, In SE80 create Package SYCM_MAIN
Create SubPackage SYCM_ANALYSIS
Confirm Manual step. Then the note application will prompt for another manual step depending on your SP level, its only applicable to the narrow range of SAP_BASIS SP08 to SP11 only.
In SE11, create table WBINDEX You will require the developer key and object access key.
Add field PROGNAME and confirm manual step.
In SA38, run SAPRSEUC in background. This is a long running job and runs single threaded by default. You can run it in parallel to save time as explained in the next step which is optional.
TIP: Please note it is not required to run the job SAPRSEUB, which updated Where-Used list for the whole system, the SAPRSEUC updates Where-Used list for Customization only. Job SAPRSEUB used to run several days like 11 days at one customer. The good thing is if it is cancelled it continues from the point it was cancelled with a overhead or 20-30 mins for every restart.
STEP 3: (OPTIONAL) Improve Performance of job SAPRSEUC. Apply notes below.
Note 2667023 – Runtime of job EU_INIT or SAPRSEUB/SAPRSEUC, performance Manual steps are in Note 2228460 – Runtime of job EU_INIT, SAPRSEUB, performance
You will have to register developer if needed, and register object to get Access key and fill in as below:
Add 2 fields as below:
In SE38, Variant , Change add text elements as below. there are 7 programs and 1 class with text elements to be updated.
After applying the note, job runs with one background process and uses number of dialog processes as defined in (1) table RSEUPACTRL as below. (2) Add column ALLSERVER, if it is blank, (3) Mark X for parallel processing and (4) define percentage of dialog processes to be used according to timezone. If this is sandbox that you want to finish the job as soon as possible you could jackup these percentages.
STEP 4: Apply Note 2310438 – SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA – Managed System
This prompts for applying Note 2185390 – Custom Code Analyzer and you already did it in earlier step, so confirm.
STEP 5: Apply Note 2504480 – Suite on HANA memory Sizing report – Advanced correction 9
- Note requires minimum ST-PI 740/SP02 or 700,710/SP12 to apply the note.
- If you already have ST-PI 740/SP08 or 700,710/SP18 the note is already applied.
- If you don’t want to apply ST-PI, instead of applying this note, implement report ZNEWHDB_SIZE as described in Note 1872170 – ABAP on HANA sizing report Please note that if you take this option, there are 3 programs and function module to be created/updated to latest code.
ST-PI is independent and doesn’t need other components or stack.xml to apply, this would save lot of manual work.
In tcode SE38, check that program /SDF/HDB_SIZING is available and you can even run it for test. Please use below for troubleshooting if you run into issues. Please refer this after scheduling analysis with TMW_RC_DOWNLOAD_ANALYSIS_DATA.
STEP 6: Note 2399707 – Simplification Item Check. This can be applied quickly. There are no Manual corrections.
STEP 5: Note 2443236 – SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA Business Process Improvement Content. This can be applied quickly. There are no Manual corrections
STEP 7: In order to apply note 2612179 follow this sequence.
- in SNOTE apply Note 2611746 – DVM Create objects for APIs for triggering and monitoring ST14 analyses
- tCode SE38 run program NOTE_2611746
- In SNOTE apply Note Note 2612179 – DVM API to trigger and monitor DVM ST14 analyses for Readiness Check
- In SNOTE apply Note 2693666 – Enhance error handling when collecting DVM ST14 data for SAP S/4 HANA Readiness Check
STEP 8: Run background job in Development system to download repository metadata info.
In SE38 run background job SYCM_DOWNLOAD_REPOSITORY_INFO. Define the variant to restrict to the required namespace.
Then run the program in background using this variant.
STEP 9: Monitor the background jobs and download zip file.
In case you get below dump:
After the job is finished, in SE38 run SYCM_DOWNLOAD_REPOSITORY_INFO again and click on button to Download Zip file…
The solution is – Enter tCode SE38, Program LZEHPRC_CP_BB20UXX, click on Change (You will need developer access). Go to menu option Utilities, Settings.
select option above, click on OK, Save and Activate the program. Unfortunately you have to Rerun the job from the beginning.
STEP 10: Transport the 6 notes to Production
STEP 11: Run Background job in Production
in tCode SE38 – TMW_RC_DOWNLOAD_ANALYSIS_DATA create variant as below:
(1) Select items and (2) Schedule Analysis. This will trigger number of background jobs as shown in next step.
If you get this error, apply note 2443236 – SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA Business Process Improvement Content and also the needed ST-A/PI through SPAM.
STEP 12: Monitor the background jobs and download zip file. There are various jobs launched
Job TMW_RC_BPA_DATA_COLL is scheduled to collect Business Process Analytics data
Job TMW_RC_HANAS_DATA_COLL is scheduled to collect HANA Sizing data
Job TMW_RC_DVM_DATA_COLL is scheduled to collect Data Volume Management data
Job TMW_RC_SITEM_DATA_COLL is scheduled to collect Simplification Item relevance check data
After the job is finished, in SE38 run TMW_RC_DOWNLOAD_ANALYSIS_DATA again and click on button to Download Analysis Data as shown in previous step.
STEP 13: Generate Readiness Check Results Dashboard
In SAP Launchpad (S-USER is required) url (1) https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#readiness
(2) Import Analysis, (3) SAP S/4HANA, (4) Enter Analysis name, (5) select TMW_RC_DOWNLOAD_ANALYSIS_DATA.zip and (6) select SYCM_DOWNLOAD_REPOSITORY_INFO.zip (7) click on Upload
You can view the Results Dashboard and if you need to download report, click on Create Results Document and the report will be available in word format.
STEP 14: SOLUTION MANAGER CONFIG
- Apply Note 2290622 – SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA This is a note with elaborate steps.
- In tCode SA38 execute report AGSRC_START_ANALYSIS
- Enter the managed custom code client. Recommended to enter DEV system here
- Enter the analyzed system and client. Recommended to enter PRD system here.
- Enter eMail address of the user who should get the result of the analysis.
- Uncheck the selections that you dont need – Simplification Item Relevance, HANA Sizing, Transaction Usage, Business Process Analytics, Data Volume Management & Busines Warehouse Extractor.
Once analysis is completed, a link to the result is set to the users whose e-Mail addresses you have entered.
TIP: Whenever maintenance patches are applied, please include ST-PI & ST-A/PI regularly to patch to latest level, that way some of the the required notes are. Both these OCS Packages are fairly independent from other OS Packages and do not need stack xml.