A bill of material (BOM) describes the different components that together create a product. For example- A computer is a product. It is a combination of CPU, Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse etc. The bill of material contains the item number of each component, quantity required in the manufacture of a product and the unit of measure of the item.
SAP R/3 allows the creation of various categories of Bill of Material. Some of the categories of the BOM are –
- Material BOM (T-code CS01) – A bill of material that you create for a material known as material BOM.
- Equipment BOM (T-code-IB01) – Equipement BOM is used to describe the structure of equipment and to assign spare parts to equipment for maintenance purpose.
- Sales Order BOM (T-code-CS61) -Sales Order BOM is used for make-to-order production of products according to the requirements of customers.
- Functional location BOM (T-Code-IB11) – A functional location BOM can be created individually for each functional location or a group of technical objects.
- Document BOM (T-code-CS11) – A complex document may be made up from multiple documents such as program, papers, technical drawing etc. These related information and documentation object grouped as a unit using a BOM.
Step-1 Create Material BOM
- Enter T-code CS01 in the command field.
- Enter Material / Plant / BOM usage .
Step-2 Enter Item Code, Material component and Quanity.
Step-3 Click on save button. A Message a will be displayed.