Step by Step guide on NW-BPM – Async/Sync Scenarios and Enrich Request Payload With Response Message
This is a simple guidance document which will help to understand how to design NWBPM interfaces in SAP PO.
Please note there is other way to build Async/Sync Bridge in SAP PO without NWBPM.
However, there might be requirement where we need to capture response message and enrich original request with response and again send it to some other target service.In such scenarios, this document can be referred as a template.
Read More: What is SAP PO Certification?
Below is the business case I have used to demonstrate the concept using NWBPM. Sender sends data asynchronously to a synchronous web-service and in SAP PO we need to enhance the request message with response provided by web-service and drop it to the target system.
Message Integration Flow –
Sender System –> SAP PO –> NWBPM <–> SAP PO –> Receiver System
This document is more focused on NWBPM steps and assumed readers aware of ESR and ID objects creation.
Required ESR Objects –>
- Data Type –
- Request Structure
- Response Structure
- Request and Response Structure
- Respective Message Types
- Service Interfaces
- Outbound Async SI –> Sender to PI
- Inbound BPM Async SI (IP – Stateless (XI30-Compatible) –> PI to NWBPM –> Triggers process
- Outbound BPM Sync SI (IP – Stateless (XI30-Compatible) –> NWBPM to PI
- Inbound BPM Sync SI (IP – Stateless (XI30-Compatible) –> PI to NWBPM
- Outbound BPM Async SI (IP – Stateless (XI30-Compatible) –> Send response from BPM to PI
- Inbound Async SI –> Send Response PI to Target System
- Outbound BPM Async SI (IP – Stateless (XI30-Compatible) –> For enhancing req and response as 1 file –> BPM to PI
- Inbound Async SI –> For sending enriched file to target system –> PI to Target System
- Message Mapping
- Request Message Mapping
- Response Message Mapping
- Operation Mapping
NWBPM Flow Diagram –>
1. Open NWDS and configure with SAP PO.
2. Under Process Development Perspective, create new process composer project
3. Import Service Interfaces created for NWBPM
Now from Data Types drag and drop structures on the canvas
4. Start Step –>
Create new Trigger and assign Inbound Async BPM Service Interface
Assign input message to BPM artifacts from the output mapping
5. Automated Event for Sync Call
Select Sync Outbound BPM SI from the Service Interface drop down
Select Service Reference with Type = XI and provide required business component name
a. Input Mapping
b. Output Mapping
Now I have created parallel split just to show in 1st branch how to send response to target system and 2nd branch used to enrich request payload with response and then send it to target.
6. 1st Branch – Send Response to Target System
Select Outbound Async BPM Service Interface from service interface and select same service reference as per point no.5
a. Input Mapping –
7. 2nd Branch – Enrich request message with response and send as 1 file to target system
Select Outbound Async BPM Service Interface from the Service Interface and same Service Reference as point no.5
a. Input Mapping
With this completes the NWBPM design. Now need to build and deploy on SAP PO server.
8. Click right on project –> Development Component –> Build and the Deploy
ID Objects :-
1. ICO 1 –> Sender to NWBPM
2. ICO2 – NWBPM to WebService
3. ICO3 –> NWBPM to Target1
4. ICO 4 –> NWBPM to Target 2
SOAP Receiver NWBPM Channel –