The goal of this documentation is to give detailed step by step instruction on how to create a static tile pointing to URL.
User id should be having Launchpad admin access “SAP_UI2_ADMIN_700” in Gateway for using Launchpad Designer for creation of Tile.
Creating Tile in Launchpad Designer:
Login to Launchpad designer by using below url or using Tcode “/UI2/FLPD_CUST” from Gateway system.
http://host name: port/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html?scope=CUST&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
1.Create Custom Catalog : You are now into Launchpad Designer Tool, used for creation of Catalogs & Tiles. Follow the below steps for Catalog Creation.
- Click on + Sign on left bottom of below screen.
- Fill the required details on the pop up “Create Catalog” & press save.
- Catalog is created.
- Now we need to create Tile inside this catalog.
2. Create Tile pointing to dynamic URL : You should be now inside catalog created in above steps.
2.1. Follow the below steps for Tile Creation which would be pointing to target mapping.
- Click on + sign on right screen to add Tile. It would open below screen.
- Select + of “App Launcher – Static” tile type to proceed. It should open a new page.
- Fill the required details in given fields as per below screen and choose save.
- Note that “Use semantic object navigation” is checked here and we need to provide Semantic Object and Action.
- That’s it tile is created.
- Now since we are using intent based navigation here (semantic object – action), we need to create target mapping as well as shown in 2.2.
2.2 Follow the below steps for Target mapping creation which would be pointing to URL.
- Now since we are using intent based navigation here (semantic object – action), we need to create target mapping as well.
- Next to Tiles tab we have a tab called “Target Mapping”, go to the tab and click on button “Create Target mapping” present in the footer section as show in below screen.
- Fill in the fields as shown in below screen. Make sure to have same semantic object – action combination as was used while creating tile.
- Note the field “System Alias” which is of importance here. Based on the system alias, the host:port part of the actual environment/server url would be picked. (I have picked LOCAL here as this is the system alias pointing to my gateway)
- In URL field you provide only the Base url which is common across all environment as show below.
- That’s it, the target mapping for url tile is created.
- Now get the catalog assigned to user role in gateway with help of security team,.
- The tile should be now visible under created catalog in FLP (Fiori Launchpad).
3. Access Tile in Fiori Launchpad : Access to GATEWAY in Dev. environment by opening a web browser and go to the following URL:
http://host name: port/sap/bc/ui2/flp or (/ui2/flp)
- Once FLP is loaded, goto “App Finder” under me area.
- Search for the created catalog.
- The new tile created should be available under this catalog with name provided in designer.
- Add the tile under your desired group.
- Go to FLP content area, select group under which tile is added, and you should see the Tile.
- Click on tile and it should launch the corresponding url pointing to current environment (Dev) host address.
Once the changes (Catalog/Role) are transported to other environments( i.e. QAS/PROD), no changes are needed in tile/target mapping if the same system alias is being used, and the url tile would work as expected (i.e. pointing to correct host).
Note: Don’t forget to create a Customizing Transport request in Dev. gateway system and assign in Launchpad Designer. Once the changes are assigned in TR we can transport the same to other environments (QAS/PROD).