The Organization and Staffing transaction is the easiest way to manage SAP HR – OM(Organization Management) for an end-user who does not have an in-depth, technical knowledge of SAP.
This is a user-friendly transaction accessible via Human Resources>Organizational Management>Organizational Plan> Organization and Staffing>Create, Change, Display.
SAP Transaction Codes
- Create -PPOCE
- Change- PPOME
- Display -PPOSE
For all three transactions the main screen is divided into two areas Object Manager & Work Area.
Each of the two main areas is subdivided into panes:
- Object Manager -Comprising a search area and a selection area. The Object Manager is available in numerous HR user interfaces.
- Work Area – Comprising an overview area and a detail area.
The four areas in the Organization and Staffing interface enable you to navigate for informationand remain on the same screen. The following is a graphic depiction of the screen:
- Search Area – Gives you a wide array of search options to locate your SAP OM objects
- Selection Area – The results of your search appears in the Selection Area.
- Overview Area – The search result selected in the Selection Area appears in Over view Area. The overview area gives you an icon based view of your OM object’s hierarchy.
- Detail Area- Attributes related to the selected OM object can be edited in the detail area.