Material Reconciliation function is used to analyse and verify the ingredients input yield at the end of the manufacturing process. It also helps to compare the plan verses actual ingredients as per actual production and also indicate if actual input ingredient yield not found same as ranges defined for individual ingredient.
This functionality can be enabled for industries (Chemical, Pharmaceutical, etc) as it is available in PP-PI Process Order based manufacturing.
Most of users give such as requirements and many people refer ABAP instead standard but I suggest them to use Material Reconciliation function n standard system as it helps to streamline the business process.
Below steps are involved for Material Reconciliation.
1. Define Order-Type Dependent Parameters
Make sure following checks must be activated in Implementation tab and Documentation of goods movements section in COR4.
2. Create Formula Parameters
Production Planning for Process Industries >>> Process Data Documentation >>> Material Reconciliation >>> Create Formula Parameters
Initially we have to define formula parameters which for calculating material reconciliation. Below standard perimeters are already available in standard system and also there is provision to create new perimeters as per business needs.
3. Assign Movement Types to Parameters
Production Planning for Process Industries >>> Process Data Documentation >>> Material Reconciliation >>> Assign Movement Types to Parameters
Each formula parameter can be defined for material reconciliation and it can be assigned to movement types as below.
4. Create Formulas
Here we have to define the formulas for calculating deviations.
Production Planning for Process Industries >>> Process Data Documentation >>> Material Reconciliation >>> Create Formulas
– ( ( ( ( Withdraw + Return ) / Good Receipt ) / ( Requirement Quantity / Good Receipt ) ) * 100 )
You can update standard characteristic as below through path following path.
Production Planning for Process Industries >>> Process Management >>> Standard Settings >>> Adopt Predefined Characteristics
Create Class with 050 class type and assigned above characteristic to class through CL02.
7. Classification assignment with Ingredients
Please make sure that components/ ingredients are classified with class type 050 for material reconciliation. There are two different methods to classify the ingredients as below. You may precede anyone. If you maintained at Master Recipe/ BoM level, then there is no needs to classify the ingredient as process order level.
1. Go to C202 >>> Material Screen >>> BOM >>> Select Row >>> Extra >>> Batch Classification >>> Classify the ingredients as below with 050 class type.
2. Go to COR2 >>> Material Screen >>> Select Row >>> Ctrl+F3 >>> Classify the ingredients as above with 050 class type. The above same screen will be display to classify the ingredients.
8. Create Process Order
Create Process order through COR1 and review the ingredients on material screen if these are classify. If not, then class the ingredients. Order must be Released status.
9. Post Goods Issue against Process Order
Post actual goods Issue (ingredients) against process order through MIGO with 261 mvt. type if materials are not backlashed otherwise through COR6n.
10. Post Goods Issue Reversal against Process Order
Post return goods Issue (ingredients) against process order through MIGO with 262 mvt. type if materials are issue access on process order.
11. Post Goods Receipt Reversal against Process Order
Post actual goods receipt (Product) against process order through MIGO with 101 mvt. type if product is not auto GR otherwise through COR6n.
12. Material Reconciliation
Production – Process >>> Process Order >>> Tools >>> Process Data Document >>> Material Reconciliation >>> MIRCMR – For Process Order
Here you can reconcile the quantities
– ( ( ( ( -2.3 + 0.078 ) / 50.82 ) / ( 2.07 / 50.82) ) * 100 ) = 107.343