The Payroll Control Record defines the current payroll period and payroll past for retroactive accounting.
It locks the SAP-HR Master Data against changes during a payroll run, which applies for the payroll past and payroll present. Changes that affect the future are still possible.
It defines the greatest earliest retroactive accounting period.
The Payroll Control Record screen is divided into 4 sections:
- Payroll Area: This section indicates the payroll area for which the payroll control record is applicable for. For each payroll area, only ONE Payroll Control Record can exist at a time.
- Payroll Status: This section indicates, with a green tick, at what stage a payroll run is currently in. It also defines the current payroll period with exact dates and indicates how many times a payroll has been run.
- Earliest Retro Acctg Period: This section indicates the greatest earliest payroll period for retroactive accounting.
- Last Change to Personnel Control Record: This section indicates who triggered a change to the Payroll Control Record, when, and what change occurred.
In the Payroll Control Record screen, you can use the following buttons:
- Incorrect Pers. Nos: Click this button to get a list of employees in SAP HR , rejected during the last payroll run.
- List Personnel Numbers: Click this button to get a list of employees included in the payroll area.
- Locked Pers. Nos: Click this button to obtain a list of employees , in SAP HR locked out of payroll in infotype 0003 (Payroll Status), hence stopping the ability to execute a payroll run for them.