In SAP,when a Partial Payment to Vendor is Posted as Residual Item then, the system clears the Outstanding document and creates a fresh document with residual amount as the open item.
Here the Demo of how to post a Partial Payment by Residual Method
Enter Transaction Code F-53 in the SAP Command Field
In the next screen, Enter the following data
1. Enter Document Date
2. Enter Company Code in which the payment is to be posted
3. Enter the Cash/Bank Account in which the payment is to be posted
4. Enter the Payment Amount
5. Enter Vendor ID of the Vendor making the payment
6. Press ‘Process Open Items’
In the next screen ,
1. Choose the Residual Items Tab
2. Select and Activate the Invoice against which the partial payment has been made.
3. Enter the Residual Amount
Press ‘Save’ to post the Payment
Check the Status bar for the Document Number Generated.