In this post, we’ll try to have an idea how to add a field to the standard data migration template file.
We’ll take as example the quality inspection plan. It will be a simple example without any ABAP coding.
Standard migration template of inspection plan does not provide the field SPC criteria, which is an obligatory field for Characteristics relevant for SPC.
To download and display the standard template
- Open the migration cockpit
- Open the migration Project.Take note of the “Mass Transfer ID”. We’ll see later how to use it.
- Then open the migration object.
- Download the template
If you check the field list and the relevant sheet, you’ll not find the required field.
2. How to
To add a new field and map it:
- Open the object modelizer
- Search the required object. Here, you’ll check the object name terminated by the “Mass Transfer ID” already mentioned above
The object contains several sub objects. We’ll focus on what is useful for the topic of this post.
The source structure is the structure of the template (the sender).
The target structure is the “receiver”. It contains all possible fields required by the BAPI executed during the creation of the master data. In our example, it’s BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE.
We could find that in the target structure, we have already the required field. Then our task will be to enhance the source structure and provide the correct mapping.
We’ll proceed as follow :
- Check the data element as per in the standard table
For this field we don’t have any specification/domain/conversion. It will not be required to link it to a specific one.
For other fields, and if it’s the case, it will be better to refer to such specification (standard data element) in order to not explicitly add a rule and write the conversion routine.
As example the supplier code: you need to choose a field name referencing the standard domain, in order to inherit the “ALPHA” conversion.
- Add the field it in the source structure
- Go to “Field mapping”
- Drag and drop the SPC criterion field from the source structure to the destination field in the target structure.
The mapping is done, but we still need to generate the object after the modification.
After each modification the status of the object will be set set to not “generated”
- Now Regenerate the object
Status will be “Generated”
We’ve completed the new mapping!
You could verify it by downloading again the template, and check the existence of the new field in the template.
You could use the above steps with any migration object. The prerequisite is to have the required field in the target structure.