What is Partner Function?
Partner function is two-character identification key that describes the people and organization with whom you do the business, and who are therefore involved in transaction. Here is some standard Partner Function for customer-
- Sold-to party
- Ship-to party
- Bill-to party
- PayerPartner Determination:
The Partner and business partner term in SAP SD refers to parties with whom you do business. Each business partner has specific role. E.g. Sold-to party – Business Partner who order the goods / Services. The Partner Determination can be done in three steps-
- Define Partner Function
- Create Partner Determination procedure by grouping Partner function.
- Assign the partner determination procedure to respective partner object.Step 1 – Define Partner Function:
- Enter T-Code VOPAN in Command Bar.
- Select Customer Master Partner Object
- Click on Change Button, Partner Determination Procedure Screen appear.
1. Click On New Entries Button.
2. Enter Partner Determination Procedure and name.
3. Double click on Partner Function node – Screen as below appear.
4. Click on New Entries Button.
5. Enter Partner Function Detail
Enter Partner Function / Name / Partner Type.
|Partner Function||Two-character unique identifier for each partner function.|
|Name||A meaningful description for this partner function.|
|Partner Type||It tells whether the partner function is for a customer (KU), a vendor (LI), a contact person (AP), and so on.|
Step 2 – Partner Determination procedure by grouping Partner function.
1. Click on Partner Function in procedure node.
2. Enter Partner Det. Procedure / Partner function / Name.
Step 3 – Assign the partner determination procedure to respective partner object. We are creating partner function for customer, so here partner object is customer and assign to Account Group.
|Partner Object||Assign to|
|Sales Document Header||Sales Document Type|
|Sales Document Item||Item category Type|
|Delivery Header||Delivery Document Type|
|Shipment Header||Shipment Document Type|
|Billing Header||Billing Document Type|
|Billing Item||Billing Item Category type|
- Click on Account groups – Function Node and click on New entries Button.
- Enter Partner function / Name / Account Group / Name.
Click on Save Button to save partner Function.