The E_HANAAW_17 or SAP Certified Development Specialist-ABAP for SAP HANA certification exam confirms that the candidate has the knowledge of programming ABAP for SAP HANA needed by the profile of an SAP ABAP development consultant.
The E_HANAAW_17 certification builds on both the basic knowledge gained in related ABAP-for-HANA training and documentation. The certification also helps you to gain practical experience which is helpful to work as an SAP HANA team member. A candidate can apply his knowledge practically in projects after passing the E_HANAAW_17 exam.
Who Should Take the E_HANAAW_17 Exam?
The target audience for the E_HANAAW_17 exam would be ABAP developers who are looking forward to gain a basic understanding of ABAP on HANA programming and to understand why to opt for these new features.
Summary of the E_HANAAW_17 Exam:
The specialist level E_HANAAW_17 exam is 90 minutes long and is a multiple-choice type exam. A candidate needs to answer 40 questions and must get 56% marks to pass the exam. A candidate becomes SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0 after passing the exam.
What Topics Are Covered under the E_HANAAW_17 Exam?
A candidate deals with topics like-
- Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
- Guided Performance Analysis
- Integration of SAP HANA Coding into ABAP Programs
- SAP HANA Basics and Technical Concepts
- SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver
- SAP HANA Information Models and Database Procedures
- ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artifacts
Prepare for the Exam in Just Four Steps:
Explore the exam syllabus and learn about all the topics. SAP syllabus is percentage-based, and every area is of equal importance. A candidate must not skip any area and gain complete clarity about the topics. Learning the topics from the base would assure a candidate to get success in the exam easily.
Making a routine helps us perform any task in a better way, and when it comes to exam preparation, following a routine is a must. A candidate must devote at least two hours daily and finish a pre-decided syllabus portion each day. Only making a routine won’t help; following the routine regularly is a must. Making short notes are very helpful to revise quickly.
Learn from the experts through SAP training. A candidate should join SAP training to gain more knowledge about the E_HANAAW_17 exam.
Practice! Practice! Exam preparation is incomplete without the help of practice tests. Through the E_HANAAW_17 practice test, a candidate learns about his mistakes and gets a chance to perform better in the next practice exam. So, keep practicing and boost your confidence.
What Do You Learn through the E_HANAAW_17 Exam Preparation?
Preparing for the exam teaches a candidate about ABAP on HANA features like:
- Open SQL and Performance Tuning.
- New syntax.
- A new data modeling infrastructure is called the Core Data Service (CDS).
- A new method of using a native scripting language like HANA SQL Script is ABAP Managed Database Procedures.
- An API for native SQL known as ABAP Database Connectivity, a method similar to classical ALV with pagination features called ALV IDA.
What Are the Benefits of using ABAP on HANA?
ABAP (development) for SAP HANA refers to all developments that leverage SAP HANA’s power within ABAP-based applications. In this context, the SAP HANA platform is the primary database underlying the ABAP platform.
Use advanced tools. AMDB, CDS, ADBC, and OpenSQL, are more advanced ABAP developing tools and path of coding using tools like Eclipse or SAP HANA studio, which works well for HANA data provisioning, modeling, and administration. These concepts help developers to logically separate data retrieval.
It is crucial to know that SAP is data agnostic, and the existing ABAP code is still valid for the new HANA database except for Native SQL statements in the code, DB specific hints, and implicit DB sorting. This sounds complex, but SAP has incorporated all these checks as a part of the integrated Code Inspector (SCI).
The continuous rise in the demand of the certified and well-versed individuals with the ABAP and its different technologies has attracted more students to register for the certification. Making himself skilled in ABAP under experts’ direction will help a candidate create codes for programming or make reports on the Application Server independent of the module’s modules. Here are the benefits:
- A candidate can create business-oriented applications that can help organizations enhance their business.
- The certified candidate can understand the different data types, terminology, and dictionary concepts of ABAP, including tables, buffers, structures, indexes.
- Create programs using loops, branches, module pools, file handling, and scripting
- Implement ABAP programming basics, cover formatting, string/data operations, syntax check, etc., to write programs
SAP certifications are the most asked certifications in the world of Information Technology (IT). Getting certified in the ABAP module with the E_HANAAW_17 exam brings several benefits to an individual. The visibility of the certified professional is increased in the market, and they get several career scopes in the field of ABAP programming. Certified ABAP individuals are always the preferred choice of professionals, whether hiring a candidate, providing internal promotion, or considering a salary hike. So, get certified.