When We are Implementing SAP S/4HANA solution, We can migrate our master data and business data from SAP systems or non-SAP systems to SAP S/4HANA. By using SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit.
The SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit uses migration objects to identify and transfer the relevant data. A migration object describes how to migrate data for a specific business object to SAP S/4HANA. It contains information about the relevant source and target structures, as well as the relationships between these structures. It also contains mapping information for the relevant fields, as well as any rules used to convert values that are migrated from source fields to target fields. The SAP provides predefined migration objects that you can use to transfer your data.
The Tool used to perform Migration is LTMC – (Legacy Transfer Migration Cockpit)
You can access the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit by using transaction LTMC.
Note the following considerations when deciding on the most suitable approach for your project:
|Size Limit||200MB limit for SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit .*||No Limit.|
|System Considerations||None.||Staging system uses an SAP HANA database.|
|Data Provisioning||Enter data manually in each Microsoft Excel XML file.||Fill tables manually or by using preferred tools (for example SAP Agile Data Preparation).|
For on-premise systems, parameter icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB controls the size of the http request. The value of this parameter is the maximum size (in KB) of an HTTP request. This parameter has the standard value 102400 kb (100MB) but can be changed if required. For more information
Now let’s See Spets to upload Supplier As BP in SAP HANA System
Steps to Use LTMC
1. Enter LTMC T.Code
2. LTMC Web page / Fiori App will get opened
3. Click on Create for Starting New Migration Project
4. Provide Project Title & Data Retention Time and hit Create
5. In the Search bar, we can look for an object which we want to use and upload data
6. Select Required Object and click open
It’s just an information and press ok
7. Click on Download Template so XML file will be downloaded
8. A pre-filled Template with detailed of each field and business is available
9. In Field, List Sheet will find each sheet which and all are mandatory based on that we will fill data and upload
10. In General, Sheet Fill All the mandatory fields and also other important fields
- If you want to create an organization: fields 4-7 are relevant;
- If you want to create a person: fields 8-12 are relevant.
11. In BP Roll Sheet maintain BP Supplier Finance Accounting & Supplier Roles As its Supplier Template General Roll will be created automatically as we maintain General Data in General Sheet
12. In Additional Address, Sheet maintain All Mandatory fields along with Address fields
Please make sure in General Sheet and in Additional Address sheets maintain External Address Number differently it’s just for identification purpose
13. in Company Code Sheet Maintain Reconciliation Account Number As per Business
14. In Purchase Organization Sheet maintain All mandatory fields along with other parameters which are important to business
15. In Partner Functions, Sheet maintain Partner Function “LF” if its Supplier and Vendor name Same as Vendor Which is Creation
16. Once the template is ready with all required data need to follow below Steps
A. Upload File
C. Start Transfer
D. Data Validate
E. Convert values
G. Execute Import
17. Click Activate
18. Click Start Transfer
19. Data will get Transferred once its done Close button will get enabled
20. If any error or data is missing will get error hear if all data in templet is good we can proceed further
21. Click next
22. When we are executing for the first time particular object in a project we need to Map fields.
23. Click each line item and do Mapping of Values
24. Select Line Item and Click check once status turns in to Green Light click save so next time system will do the mapping automatically
25. Once all the mapping is completed and no open items click next to simulate Import
26. Similar to upload once its completed click close to proceeding further
27. Backed Program will execute and data gets simulated if any missing data of mandatory fields and fields Mapping is wrong
28. If any error go back and fix and repeat same if no error click Next
29. If all the steps are completed without any error will get above message then click finish.
Migration Status is now Finish
1. Now Check whether BP Is created or not is created or not
2. Open Maintain Business Partner App
3. The supplier has been Created As BP with Required Roles
For uploading data without any error try with one Supplier and will get a lot of errors when doing initially do trial and error so will get Expert in LTMC.